Afrikaans | English << back <<    
 
 

This Edwardian house was built in 1904 for ds. J.H. Neethling. Miss M.M. Verster purchased the house in 1950 and named it “Moedersloon” in honour of her mother. Miss Verster was known for the important role she played in the Voortrekker youth movement and was known as Sterretjie. She donated the property in September 1986 to the Stellenbosch Museum. The building was declared a
National Monument in July 1992.

 

 
 
 
   
   
who are we?  our purpose  our properties  the trustees  contact us design • www.gstudio.co.za