Afrikaans | English << back <<    
 
 

The land where Grosvenor House today stands was allocated in 1781 to Christiaan Ludolph Neethling who erected a double storey house on the erf a year later. An adjoining piece of land was also allocated to Neethling in 1782. After his death both erfs were transferred to Fredrich Gotthold Holzapfel whose widow sold them 1798 to Rynhard Perreyn, an immigrant from the Netherlands. The lifestyle in Stellenbosch during the reign of the Batavian Republic (1802 - 1806) and the first years of British rule (1806 - 1834) is reflected in Grosvenor House.

To read more, click here

 
 
 
   
   
who are we?  our purpose  our properties  the trustees  contact us design • www.gstudio.co.za