Afrikaans | English << back <<    
 
 

The history of this property can be traced to the late 17th century, when the land on which Erfurt House stands formed part of the farm allocated to Harmen Jansz Potgieter in 1682. Johan Marthinus (Jan) Beyers built the imposing double storey residence in 1876 with a magnificent wood and cast iron balcony on all sides of the building. The residence was named Erfurt House in remembrance of the town Erfurt in Germany, the birthplace of the male ancestor of the Beyers family in South Africa.

To read more, click here

 
 
 
   
   
who are we?  our purpose  our properties  the trustees  contact us design • www.gstudio.co.za